Commodore A Commodore B Commodore C

Willkommen im Alt Opel Forum

Chat      Impressum ]

Alt Opel Forum  :  Alt Opel Forum

Re: Improve roadholding Commodore A
geschrieben von: Fredrik ()
Datum: 31. Juli 2009 18:55

Hi,

Thank you Thorsten for giving me some good information. Well, I have no other Commodore to compare with but I think the suspension (springs) are abit to soft, I can easially puch down the corners of the car with my bodyweight and when driving with 2-4 passengers the exhaust tends to touch the ground when driving over bumps. The car should be original and untouched as far as I know.

I have bought new bushes for the front and rear and will start by changing them. I would like to follow up with some good shock absorbers, couldn´t find Commodore A on KYB:s homepage but maybe they can be found elsewere. Then maybe also change the springs, I remember now reading about shortened Mercedes springs on Commodore. Does anybody know how much you need to shorten them to fit? There is 40 mm lower springs available for the Mercedes 123. An alternative would be to try to find original Commodore springs, is it different springs for the GS versions?

Interesting with the track bar, roadholding is more complex than you would like...smiling smiley

In the end I might just keep everything original and drive slowerthumbs down

Thema Klicks geschrieben von Datum/Zeit
Improve roadholding Commodore A 1597 Fredrik 26.07.09 21:48
Re: Improve roadholding Commodore A 1027 Thorsten 31.07.09 00:06
Re: Improve roadholding Commodore A 1054 Fredrik 31.07.09 18:55
Re: Improve roadholding Commodore A 1116 Higgins 31.07.09 19:26
Re: Improve roadholding Commodore A 1214 Thorsten 13.08.09 17:43

Du hast nicht die erforderliche Berechtigung, um in diesem Forum zu schreiben.
This forum powered by Phorum.